Is this trip for you?
This trip is of medium difficulty. It consists of visiting big cities, towns and some villages. We plan to take walks, use public transportation, ride rickshaws, boats and elephants. The itinerary also includes three night train rides in comfortable class with sleeping benches and air conditioning. (Due to India’s heavily overbooked trains the class in some trips might be upgraded or downgraded.) Accommodation in double rooms of clean budget hotels and guesthouses. (However, in some towns accommodation might only be available in triple, quadruple and bigger rooms.) All hotels will have hot running water and wi fi internet.
Included in the price of the trip:
- Accommodation in double (sometimes triple and more) rooms in budget hotels and guesthouses;
- All train ticket of 3АС class (with sleeping benches and air conditioning), rented cars and all other transportation during the trip;
- Domestic flight Kolkata-Delhi
To be paid separately:
- Flight to Delhi and from Delhi back home;
- Medical insurance (mandatory);
- Entrance fees to museums, palaces, parks and other attractions ($150);
- Food ($7-12 per day per person);
- Visa to India ($62).
At a Glance
Light show in Delhi old fort, Flag lowering ceremony on Indo-Pakistani border, Palaces of Rajasthan, The oldest museum in India, Hindu and Buddhist religious ceremonies, Elephant ride to the fort, India's largest tea bazaar
Available for booking